Thursday, November 12, 2009

OK, Where to Start!

Yesterday after Joey's therapy session, which went great, Joey and I had lunch together and then back to the condo for a nap. Then off to Disneyland for the rest of the afternoon. We met my sister's family there. We took the kids to California Adventure. Joey went soaring over California and went target shooting in Toy Story ride. We then went to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner. Joey met Chip n Dale, Goofy and Pluto, Ariel, Minnie Mouse and the Genie. He did the twist with Goofy and Rex. He was loving it. So glad I took him.

His arms stayed so loose after his session of therapy on Tuesday. Trisha his therapist is going to continue to do therapy everyday for the rest of the time we are here. We are trading services. I'm so excited, because she does miracles with him. Today we are headed home. Joey has therapy from 1-3:30 and then I have a tupperware party tonight. Then we will be back to Oceanside first thing in the morning.

Ok moving on. I am starting to figure out the therapies that work best for Joey. Physical therapy being the staple and the state paying for most of it, here are the others that Joey always needs to do, but insurance doesn't pay for it. The following therapies are paid for out of pocket: HBOT (Hyperbaric oxygen therapy), SCT (Stem Cell therapy), Vision therapy, Craniosacral therapy, NeuroSuit therapy, Tomatis therapy, Sensory Learning therapy, Equestrian therapy, Accupressure, and I'm sure there are more I just can't think of right now. These therapies will cost me approx. $48,000 this year. WOW I need a couple more jobs. The hardest part is that I know all these work for Joey. He needs them all. But what to do, I don't have even half of the money to pay for these. So hard to choose which therapy is most important to do when you know they all work wonders.

So that is the story of our lives right now. I know things will work out.

Have a good day all.

No comments: