Monday, November 9, 2009

Always Some Kind of Therapy

This morning I woke up at 4:45am and got on the road at 5:20am to head down to Oceanside. The drive would normally take about 2 -2 1/2 hours depending on traffic. Well at 5:20 am it only took me 1 1/2 hours. Joey's therapy then started at 9am. He is doing Sensory Learning therapy.

This therapy consists of Joey laying on a motion table while listening to music and looking at a colored light slowing going off and on. We will be at the center for 12 days then will take the light box home and finish the 30 days. Over the 12 days, the decibel gets higher and the colors change. This therapy will help stimulate his eyesight. It will also balance him out more and will increase his vocalization. I am excited to see how he does.

So I rented a 1 bdr condo on the beach for my stay. I got lucky and got upgraded to a two bedroom penthouse, although really what do I need a 2 bdr penthouse for. The condo is very nice, the weather is perfect (about 73) and the beach is awesome, but I'm lonely. Joey and I took a walk down the boardwalk and up the pier. It was a nice walk, but I'm lonely. I wish I had someone to share it with. Oh well, time will go by fast and I am going to keep pretty busy this week.

Well that's all of now. I'm tired and going to bed now.

1 comment:

westcoast said...

please put videos of this on his dropshots site