Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good Day for Joey!

Today was a good day for Joey. We are almost done here in Oceanside. 2 more days of therapy. He is doing really great with the therapy. There isn't much to it, he just has to lay on a motion table while listening to music and watching a light turn off and on. When he gets fussy from laying I sing and sing and sing. When we leave we take the light box with us and finish 18 more days at home. With this therapy you don't see results right away, it can take several months. The results we are looking for is improved vision and cognitive awareness. However, I have already noticed a change in his vision. He is definitely seeing something now. I am totally convinced. Now, it is hard to tell if the improved vision is from the Stem Cells or this Sensory Learning Therapy. I believe that it stems more from the SCT and that this therapy is just helping them fire up faster.

Since we have been in Oceanside, one of Joey's therapist has been treating him. She has really got him loose and he is also starting to feel his arms more. He is just barely starting to use this protective reflex. He is also baring more weight through his arms when sitting and in quadruped. He is really doing great with Trish. I just wish she was able to work with Joey more often, but she lives to far away. So we are going to take what we can get.

Today Joey and I took a walk down the beach to the pier, then down the pier. At the end of the pier there is Ruby's restaurant. Joey and I shared a chocolate shake and the sunset. The walk was extremely hard because I through my back out a couple of days ago. I have been doped up on Advil and Tylenol. I also have one of those patches on my back. Can't wait to go to bed so the pain will ease up.

Once we get home in a couple days, I have to start packing the RV for our Thanksgiving trip. The week after the trip Joey goes to the Neurologist, Orthopaedic, and Neuro Optometrist. We are also still waiting for Joeys gait trainer (walker) and wheelchair to arrive. I am starting to research my options as far as a handicap mini van. Hoping this will help with my constant back pains. Also I have decided to take Joey to Costa Rica in April for another round of Stem Cell Therapy. This trip will only be a week long and I will be going with my girlfriend Pam and her daughter Mackenzie from Colorado. I'll fill you in more about this trip in the future. I am also working on some fundraising for this trip. So you all will hear from me soon. Hee hee hee

Ok I think that's it for now. Have a great night all.

No comments: