Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Good Day After All!





Yesterday, Tuesday, was a good day after all. Joey is doing good in therapy. His eyesight is coming around. WHOO HOO! Still hard to judge how much though.

After therapy I headed to Joey's old therapists house. I forgot how much I loved her working with Joey. She knows exactly what he needs. Joey and her just fit perfect together. When she was done, his body felt like a different boy. It makes me a little said though that she is unable to work with him more often. We live to far away from each other.

Funny story to tell, but while she was showing me around her house, we noticed her tenant who lives in a mobile home on their property was in a panic. Well a little more info on the tenant. Trisha says she a bit crazy, very nice, but has issues. She is on meds for being schizophrenic and has a panic disorder. So when we heard her in a panic we didn't know what to expect. Was she having an episode or was it something more serious. Well it was something more serious. Her little dog got a fish hook stuck in her paw and tongue. Poor baby. So while Trisha took Joey and did therapy I rushed the dog and tenant to the emergency vet. The whole trip took about 1 1/2 hrs or so and I drove and sat listening to the woman tell me her whole life story. In the end, the dog is fine. The tenant is calm and everything worked out well.

When I got back to Trisha's house, she was just finishing up with Joey and then her kids came home and we bounced on the trampoline for awhile. BOY does Joey just love the trampoline. He was laughing hysterical. Hopefully we will see her a few more times before when are down with Oceanside, and maybe even make the drive out to her once in a while. I really love what she does with him.

Well thats it for yesterday. Today more therapy this morning then off to Disneyland with my sister and family.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I'm happy your day got so much better than the first posting of Tuesday!!!!! Sounds like your "funk" has lifted for now...... With everything you have to handle, an occasional funk should be expected. Just reading about your life exhausts me......

Great news that there are changes in Joey's vision!!!

Love,
Cousin Gayle