Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Life!

The PLEDGE OF ALLIGIANCE
My Team
My Friends really like me.
Getting my trophy and year book and thanking the firemen.
My TROPHY

Life is filled with so many twists and turns. Just when you think things are going to settle down and your life and mind are not going to be so stressed and chaotic, there is a twist in the road.

On Friday Joey finished his 3 weeks of IMOT (Intensive Model of therapy). He did a great job. He is so much stronger. He did the whole 3 weeks with his casts on. Speaking of cast, 2 weeks ago when we went in to get them changed, the dr. put on removable cast. These are just regular cast that were cut down the sides and ace bandaged closed. Friday afternoon I had to take Joey to get fitted for his new AFO's (braces). When we were done and his cast were put back on they just didnt fit right. By Saturday morning he wiggled out of them. So I dedcided to put on his old braces. These are just a little small, but didn't look to bad or seem to bother him. Well I was wrong, by 2 oclock in the afternoon he began screaming and pulling his legs in. This is what he does when he has to go to the bathroom. So I assumed he had to go o the bathroom. He cried all day and most of the night. At about 5am Sunday morning I decided to put him in the tub to help relieve his so called tummy pain. As soon as I took his braces off all was well. He took a bath and then was a happy camper. It was a very frustrating day. It hurts when you can't figure out why your child is in pain.

So with that all being said, Joey is no longer wearing his braces or casts. His feet are already starting to point again. We don't get his new AFO's until 2 weeks. I take him back to the dr. tomorrow for new casts possibly. I just hope we don't lose all that we have tried so hard to gain with his feet. I keep stretching and stretching and stretching him. Please PRAY that is all works out the way we need it to be.

Also on Saturday before his crying began, he had his allstar game and closing ceremonies for baseball. The challengers league is such a great league. I love that my son can play baseball like other kids his age. There are so many types of kids with disabilities in the league. It is the most none competetive, hard working, dedicated league of baseball anywhere. The Simi Valley Youth baseball league along with the Amanda McPherson foundation is trying to raise monies to build the challengers their own field. I cant wait for him to play again next year. He had a great time.

I have some great news. I talked to the HBOT clinic to schedule his appt's. They are only charging me $100 a session. This saves me a $1000. Whoo HOoo! We start in Aug.

Ok thats about it for now.

No comments: