Monday, June 21, 2010

Continues to Amaze Me!



On Friday we left Los Angeles to head to Sacramento, our layover stop to Idaho. The trip took us about 8 hrs. We had to stop every 2 hrs to feed Joey and gas the car up. On one of our stops for lunch, Joey decided to amaze me. We went to a restaurant to sit and eat. I put one of those thick, plastic, bendy straws that come in the kids drinks in Joey's hand. His hand was resting on the table when I put the straw in his hand. Right away he bent his arm and brought the straw to his mouth. He continued for about 10 minutes sucking and moving the straw around his lips. He had the straw in his mouth most of the time. His arm was bent the whole time and not resting on anything. He was really great to watch. When he was done sucking on the straw, he moved his hand back to the table and put the straw back on the table. WOW! Pretty amazing. Just when I think that I have seen all of what Joey is going to regain, he amazes me more.

When we got to Sacramento, we head to my aunts house for dinner and then to the hotel for bed. Uncle Dan, cooked us a great dinner. Thanks Nana and Uncle Dan. We started our second leg of the trip at my aunts house for Dan McMuffins. yum, yum.

Our drive from Sacramento to Idaho took us 10.5 hrs. And again we had to stop every 2 hrs for Joey. We got to Idaho with no complications. Joey went to bed about 9:30 at night on our first night in Idaho. This is late for him, but it stays light outside till that time so it is hard to put him to sleep earlier. Also when we are on vacation I have to lay with him to put him to sleep. This is not the norm, so my sleep has been crappy.

We are visiting all the restaurants on man vs. food, hee hee hee and having a great time with my sister-in-law and my niece and nephews. It is definitely a bit crazy in the house with 4 boys running a muck. However they all love Joey and are very caring.

We have 3 more days here and then we head home. Here is a picture of Joey and his straw.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yay, Joey! I'm so impressed and amazed at how well he is doing!

Gayle said...

GOOD JOB JOEY!!!!! I love his shirt - too cute.

Have a safe journey home.

Love,
Cousin Gayle