Monday, May 24, 2010

Wonderful Strangers

Yes, we all know that there are special people in the world that will do most anything for most anyone, however we rarely meet these people. Some of these people will even do for others they have never meet. Well I got the privilege to have come across a couple of these people. One of them I was able to meet and the other I have not meet.

About a week ago when I was at the car wash with the boys I met a gentleman who was very curious about Joey. He saw Jack playing with him and started to ask questions. I love when people are curious about Joey and ask questions. Well to make a long story short, he asked how he can help. He owns his own business and wants to get the word out about Joey and the HUGS Foundation. So he has begun to help. He has spread the word on his Facebook and told all he knew about Joey and the HUGS Foundation. Thank you Patrick. Patricks website is www.simplefy.com

Then a few days later one of our friends meet a very generous man who wanted to help us. He is donating a bird cage to our garage sale and has also donated 4 dozen personally engraved hair brush's for me to sell to raise money for Joey. I have never meet this man, but appreciate him so much. I do not even know his name.

I am selling these brushes for $20.00. I will gladly ship them to you, please add an additional $5.00 for shipping. The back of the brush is engraved with the following "The Journey is Everything" Joey, and on the handle it is engraved with his website. They are very nice brushes. He normally sells them in the stores for $30 without the engraving. You can click on the right side to purchase them.
Thank you to all the WONDERFUL STRANGERS out there.

P.S. Just a reminder, on Wednesday May 26th, the HUGS Foundation is having a dinner benefit to raise awareness and monies. The summer is upon us, so please please think water safety. No child or family should have to suffer the fate our families have to suffer and endure on a daily basis.

P.S.S. Then on June 5th I am having a garage sale to raise monies to buy Joey a gait trainer (walker) and to get him HBOT treatments. The total cost of these two items are about $6200. So if you have items you would like to donate to the garage sale I will love to take them off your hands or if you are up and awake early on Saturday morning I could surely use the help at the garage sale.

Thank you to everyone for your support and prayers.

No comments: