Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So Many Decision to Make


So much is going on right now. Actually so much is always going on.

Joey had his botox injections last week and everything went great. I am able to really stretch his calf's now. Tomorrow he will get his casts on. He will be serial casted for 4 weeks to stretch his calf's. Then we will be able to get his AFO's (braces) on his feet.

During this 4 week time we got a lot going on, Fundraiser Garage Sale for Joey, Jessica graduates from Hebrew school, school ends, a trip to Idaho and then a trip to Lake San Antonio. Sometime between the trip to Idaho and San Antonio Joey will get his cast off and his AFO's on. This means a lot of work for me and stress for me, but I'm really learning
now how to do it all pretty smoothly. 2 weeks after we return from San Antonio, we are taking a trip to Lake Havasu. We will be there a week. Then Jessica and Jack will go off to sleep away camp the weekend we get home for 2 weeks and I will head to Arizona with Joey for ABM therapy for a week. The day I return from AZ, Jeremy and I will spend the weekend in Las Vegas. Once we return from Las Vegas my schedule will be cleared up, besides some dr. appt's and regular therapy appt's. By being so busy, our summer will go by fast.

Joey will start kindergarten in August and will be in school 5 days a week all day. I have to really make some major decisions about his therapy. We will not have the time to drive the hour down to his therapy clinic. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

I want to take Joey to do HBOT (hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy), I just have to find time to fit in into our lives. HBOT is a 2 month adventure.

As far as our results from Costa Rica, we have seen some changes. Joey is really trying to use his mouth to suck. He has better trunk control. I am really praying that his eyesight comes around more. The major change is his cognition. He is so aware that he demands attention by crying. So he cries more then he did before. VERY FRUSTRATING (the crying)

All this makes it SOOOOOOO hard to diet. Stress makes me want to eat. Why can't I just take a pill to look like a super model. That would make it so much easier.

Ok peeps, I have posted the flyer to our Garage Sale. Please pass this information around. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those of us the wagon are in awe of you and your strength. You have cared for your 35lb pack and brought all of us along too. You led the way from the first hour when we were lost and sinking deeper into grief. One day a woman in the hospital said, "I see you two every day holding hands". Your father replied, "I think we are holding eachother up". I would still be on the hospital floor if it was not for your amazing strength. I had to get up to follow you. I love you no matter what but you truly are the strength of all of us.
Stevi