Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Made it Through the Day.

I am so exhausted. We made it through the day. It was a busy day. Way more stressful for me then for Joey. Joey just went with the flow.

We were up and out of the house at 7:30 this morning. I dropped Jessica and Jack at school, then off to Santa Monica for Joey's botox injections. Going to the appointment I was very nervous for Joey. I thought it was going to hurt him. He was to get two injections in both calf muscles. Before we left the house this morning I put numbing cream on the sites of the injection. When we got there, the doctors did a quick reevaluation and then he laid across me on his tummy as the two doctors proceeded with the injections. Well he did flinch, but NO CRYING! He was fine, he didn't even get tense. So that was it, he was done. In and out in 20 minutes. He will get his casts on next week.

Then back home for a snack. Grandma Janet came over and babysat Joey as I went to his IEP meeting. So while Joey and Jack and Grandma went to get ice cream. I was in a 2 1/2 hour meeting planning Joey's future in school. The meeting went great. The school is going to get him a stander, new gait trainer, a couple communication devices and a special brace on his hand to help him write. He will be in a special needs class all day except during P.E., recess and lunch. He will be with the typical kids during these times. He will also get educational PT and OT, and he will get adaptive P.E. hours. The vision and speech therapists will also see Joey more hours during the month. As far as medical PT and OT, he gets 1 hr a week of each from CCS. I will be having a meeting with them to see if we can add more therapy time.

I still plan to pursue more PT privately. I still have a lot of thinking about what to do with Joey regarding his PT.

So all in all, everything went great. I am looking forward to kindergarten, however I am still a little nervous. What am I going to do with my days.........ummmmmmmmmmmm! Guess I'll find a little of me again.

P.S. I wrote in an earlier post about our garage sale, so if anyone has items to donate to us that would be great. We could also use the help each day.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: