Saturday, August 16, 2008

This is why things are the way they are.................

I AM A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD

You often pity me, I see it in your eyes. You wonder
how much I am aware of…I see that as well.
I am aware of much, whether you are happy or sad or
fearful, patient or impatient, full of love and
desire, or if you are just doing your duty by me.
I marvel at your frustration, knowing mine to be far
greater, for I cannot express myself or my needs as
you do.
You cannot conceive my isolation, so complete it is at
times.
I do not gift you with clever conversation, cute
remarks to be laughed over and repeated.
I do not give you answers to your everyday questions,
responses over my well-being, sharing my needs, or
comments about the world around me.
I do not give you rewards as defined by the worlds
standards, or great strides in development that you
can credit yourself with .
I do not give you understanding as you know it…what I
give you is more valuable.
I give you instead opportunities.
Opportunities to discover the depth of your character,
not mine, the depth of your love, your commitment,
your patience, your abilities. The opportunity to
explore your spirit more deeply than you imagined
possible.
I drive you further than you would ever go on your
own, working harder, seeking answers to your many
questions with no answers.
I am your teacher.
If you allow me, I will teach you what is really
important in life.
I will give you and teach you unconditional love.
I gift you with my innocent trust, my dependency upon
you.
Most of all I teach you hope and faith.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

How true and beautifully said. Hugs

Our Complete Family said...

Jaimee designed my blog, too, and I found you through her site. What an amazing Mommy you are! Love, hugs and prayers, Leslie