Sunday, May 1, 2011

"I GO"

Santana and Joey Hanging Out

Joey says it best, "I GO".

Since 4 years ago Joey and I have been traveling all over the place for therapy. We have spent close to 100 hours in the air and 1000 hours and miles in the car. When Joey started Kindergarten this last fall, I decided it was time to take a break. We moved therapy to a clinic around the corner from our house and only traveled to NAPA Center in LA a few times. Well as most of you know me, I can't sit still for too long. So off and running we go again.

Just this last week I took Joey, Jessica and Jack to Arizona for ABM therapy for Joey. We have great friends that opened their house up to us all. Lindsey, James, Jett 9, Santana 6 (near drown like Joey), and Tyree 3 ("What the Heck"). Jack spent time hanging with Jett. This was great therapy for Jack. Jack has never meet another boy with a disabled younger brother like Joey. So without having to say anything, they understood each others lives and bonded great. Jessica split her time between her boyfriends, Cameron (her real boyfriend) and Tyree (the younger man). I hung out with Lindsey during the day and in the afternoon took Joey to his ABM therapy. Unfortunately on Wednesday I got sick. It is Sunday and I am home and still sick. Poor Lindsey, she got sick also. On Friday, sick and all, we took the younger boys to see Sesame Street Live, then went to a Charity event for lunch, then off to therapy. Besides this, we really didn't do much in AZ. The sickness got to us and did us in. However, Jack did not seem to bored and neither did Jessica.

Joey's therapy went great. He responded very well. His body is very loose. It will still take a few weeks to see the full effect of the therapy. I think I might come back to AZ in the summer and do another round of ABM.

Lindsey and her family have a great house that they built after Santana's accident. It gave me a lot of great ideas for modifying our house to fit Joey's needs. Thank you again for sharing your house with us. I really really appreciate it. I will miss you all. It is nice being around another family that lives your life. It makes things normal.


No comments: