Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Feels Perfect

Tonight before I put Joey to bed he sat on my lap and we cuddled. He snuggled into me.

So why is this so exciting? Well for those of you that have personally meet Joey, you know how stiff his body is. He is Hyper tonic (stiff, muscles always contracted). His abductors pull in, his arms are usually straight out stiff, and his back is always very tense. Tonight as he sat on my lap, legs straddled across my hips, his chest against mine and his head snuggling into my neck, he was not tense. He was looser then I have ever felt him. NONE of his muscles in his whole body seemed contracted at all. He melted into me. We laughed together and of course I kissed his face all over. He felt like he didn't have brain damage. Nothing seemed out of place.

This was the most perfect 15 minutes I have experienced in the last 4 years.

Good Night Joey. Mommy loves you. Sweet Dreams.

1 comment:

Mrs. Dan said...

I have tears in my eyes. So thrilled for you Julie!