Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer Vacation

I thought vacations were suppose to be relaxing. Well I'm sure they are, however I'm not on vacation yet, so the stress level and craziness is high.

On Saturday we leave for 5 days to Lake Havasu, we get back on Thursday and then Joey and I leave on Saturday for AZ and the kids leave for sleep away camp on Sunday. I have a lot of preparing to do. Not only do I need to finish packing the RV and head to the grocery store, Joey has therapy, Jessica has tutoring and Ortho appt. and Jack has uniform fitting for football. Then Jessica and Jack both have a doctors appt. next Friday and I also have to take my minivan in for repairs. Amongst all this I have to figure out what is going on with the invitations for Jessica's Bat Mitzvah, finish getting address's ready, finish her montage and sign in book and do a lot of work for our kids program at work. Oh and I can't forget about getting the Rx and insurance info and therapy evaluations to the new therapy clinic for Joey. WOW I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

OK enough about my craziness. As for Joey, he sure has changed a lot over the last 3.5 years. He has grown a ton and is the size of an average 5 year old. He moves constantly and babbles non-stop. His sleeping patterns are always changing and not for the better either. He has decided now not to go to bed till about 10:30 pm and wants to fall asleep in daddy's arms. What am I going to do when Im in AZ and daddy is not with us.However his appetite is the same. He weighs about 37 lbs now. His casts are off and his braces are on. His feet look great. Insurance and Medi-cal have finally approved Joey's gait trainer (walker), so now he will have 2 of them. One at school and one at home. I am very excited about this. He can walk up and down the street now. I can take him to the mall so he can walk. WHOO HOO!

I bought Joey a cool floaty for the pool this summer. It goes around his neck to keep his head above water. He is able to kick and use his arms to swim. I don't even have to hold onto him. He loves it. We spent about an hour in the pool on 4th of July. He was so relaxed. I love it.






As for new changes in Joey since Costa Rica stem cell, weeeeellllllll? I have seen improvements, mostly with his mouth and his sucking. His body is much looser and his arms are more functional. I don't think he has hit a plateau yet in improving from the CR SC, but the improvements are so little at this point, it is hard to say what I see. Overall his body feels and looks awesome. In August Joey will start his HBOT. This will help the stem cells function. He will also start kindergarten and a new therapy clinic. This I am nervous about, the new therapy clinic. We have been with the same 3 therapists for the last 2 years and they are incredible with Joey. I just love how they work with him. They know what his needs are for each particular day and they know what he needs to improve. It will take the new clinic months to figure this out. I will however save money and miles with not have to drive so far for therapy anymore. So there is a plus in all this.

Well it's time to get up and start my day. Have a great day everyone.


1 comment:

The Karkins Family said...

Awe, he looks so relaxed and happy in the water!