Saturday, July 24, 2010

Anat Baniel Method (ABM)

We are finally home. Seems like I haven't been home in weeks. During the week of July 17th, I took Joey to Arizona for ABM therapy. My friend Pam from Colorado joined us with her whole gang, 1 princess and 3 boys. We had a great time hanging out. Joey went swimming a lot and got to play with the boys, which he enjoyed tremendously. I also met a new friend from Yuma, AZ, Michelle and her son DJ, who has Autism. I learned a lot about autism this week. Most important thing I learned is not to refer to the child has being Autistic, but to say he has Autism. (hee hee hee, inside joke, love ya Michelle)

Anyways, Joey received 2, 1 hour sessions of ABM a day for 5 days. At first I didn't notice any changes, but over the last couple days I noticed his eyes are focusing more. We now take a week break of physical therapy, start HBOT on Monday for 40 sessions and then school will start on the 25th of August. After about 6 weeks if I see significant changes, I will plan another trip to AZ, probably around x-mas break.

Pam and I made a video of one of our days in Arizona, I guess you can say it is a vlog. Here is our vlog of 1 day in Arizona.



My other 2 kids are at sleep away camp for one more week, so it will be nice and quite in the house, with very little mess. Whoo Hoo!

OK, time to start my day. Talk to you soon.

No comments: