Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Our Journey Home

WOW what a journey home. We left on Sunday August 30th and took a flight from Qingdao to Shanghai. This went off without a hitch. We spent the night in Shanghai and were schedule to fly out on Monday August 31st. The airports in China are not handicap accessible, so it was hard to maneuver with Joey. Thank god for my mom. I couldn't have done it by myself. Then on Monday our flight was originally scheduled for 9:50am. We didn't actually takeoff till 4:00p. Around 2 we got on the plane and then spent 2 hrs on the tarmac. There was a typhoon in Tokyo that delayed us. So all flights were delayed in and out of Tokyo. We finally made it to Tokyo after a 6 hour delay and had to RUN to our connection. When we got to the gate it had already closed., but the plane was still there and the doors were still open. We through a fit about being in the airport with a handicap child and the manager was called over and they let us in. However, we were told our bags would not make it. Not a big deal we would get them the next day. Joey slept the 9 out of 10 hrs of the flight. So that is why Joey and I are up at 3:00am writing this. We spent about 3 hours at the airport when we got to LAX. We needed assistance because the airlines broke Joeys chair. We had to file a claim on that and report our missing bags. OK, so to say the least we are HOME with no bags, feeding chair or wheelchair and have major jet lag. BUT, we are HOME.

China was an awesome experience. Major culture shock. Anyone looking to got to China for Stem Cell Therapy, I highly recommend China. The hospital and Beike staff were awesome. They were always there when we needed something and even when we didn't.

A HUGE thank you to my mom for taking us to China and being the best Grandma. Also a HUGE thank you to everyone that supported us financial and with extra prayers.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I will continue posting on Joey's progress as we see changes. Now time to start saving money again for another trip.

3 comments:

Fezia said...

Look forward to hearing all the good news.

Amy said...

Hey there. I am friends with Caradie and Corbie. I follow you guys on dropshots too, when I get time. We were even on Caradie's support group for a while together, and that is where I found your link to your website. I am so excited that you got to do stem cell therapy. I am thinking about it for my Emma too. She is 5 years old. I am considering China and Costa Rica. I just don't know how I would manage China for that long though with no help from anyone. I don't think I am that brave. I pray that Joey gets amazing benefits from this treatment. I will be watching. I am curious as to why you finally chose China?? If you don't mind to say. Anyway, good luck. I think you guys who take the brave plunge to do this are so inspiring.

Unknown said...

HI Amy,

I am going to write a post about this. I have many people asking me the same questions.