Monday, September 7, 2009

Back on Schedule

Well we have been home a week now and we are both back on schedule. Joey is getting use to sleeping without me and is sleeping in his own bed. He just needs to listen to music when he falls asleep and will wake up crying once in the middle of the night. He will then just cry himself back to sleep. I think he liked it better in China then at home. In China he was held most of the time. There was really no place to set him down, so we held him a lot. Here at home he is put back on the floor and doesn't like it so much. 

As far as improvements, well we really haven't seen anymore since we have been home. I talked to some other people who have had SCT and they stated that one day you will see a huge improvement and then the next day he is not doing those things anymore. However, Joey still feels looser then before, just not as loose and his eyes still show the improvement. It seems his cognitive abilities have gotten better. His response time is quicker and when we talk to him he replies quicker. The other day Jack was watching TV and was saying Kill em, kill em. Joey then said kill em. I looked at Jack and Jack looked at me and we both started laughing, Joey then began cracking up also. I have noticed some of Joey's younger reflexes have returned a bit stronger. I was told that as the Stem Cells graph to the brain that we could see some small regression in certain areas. It is not bad, just there.

I miss the world I lived in in China. It was very comfortable to be where there were only people with disabilities. We all understood each other and I was just so at ease there. I wish all my friends in China great results. Hopefully we will see you again one day.

Joey started school on Friday. The therapist had to redo Joey's gait trainer setup completely because of how loose his muscles got. They also have to figure something new out when it comes to his seating. The chair he uses at school doesn't hold his upper body in. He never needed it before, because he didn't sit forward. Now he sits forward all the time. He has one more week of school, then he begins his intensive session of therapy for three weeks. I can't wait for this.

Well that's it for  now.

Happy Labor Day everyone. Have a nice day off.

No comments: