Sunday, February 1, 2009

JOEY'S FEEDING TUBE IS OUT!

Ok, so I'm a little late on this post. A week ago Thursday we noticed that Joey's feeding tube was loose. I added more water to the balloon that holds it tight and thought I fixed it. Well I thought wrong. On that following Sunday Joey pulled it out. He didn't just pull it out, he got rid of it. It must have happened at the mall because I couldn't find the missing tube anywhere. We noticed before he pulled it out over those few days that he wasn't eating or drinking much. The tube must have been bothering him a lot. Since the tube came out, he eats and drinks better than he has ever before. The hole in his stomach closes up within hours and the hole in his skin is still closing, it just looks like another belly button. It feels funny holding him and touching him and not feeling the tube. He had it for exactly two years. YEAH! IT'S GONE.

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Sounds like Joey is making decisions on his own about what's right for him!!!!!!

Great news!!!

Love,
Cousin Gayle

Kelly said...

OMG What wonderful news!!!!

Gayle said...

GREAT NEWS!!!!

I posted a comment last week, but somehow it didn't show up....?

Cousin Gayle

Gayle said...

I wrote when this posted, but my comment never showed up....

Great news!!

Cousin Gayle