Friday, December 10, 2010

Keeps Going and Going and Going!

December has started off with a bang. As soon as Thanksgiving was over and we cleaned up from our camping trip, we moved onto the next event.

On December 2nd, Jeremy, Jack and I where off to Utah so Jack could play football in the snow. We drove to Las Vegas, then Utah and then back to LAs Vegas, then home, all in 4 days. We had a great time and Jack's team won. However, these trips are not so easy to plan, because it is always hard to find someone that can watch Joey. This time though it worked out great, thanks to Ashley and my stepmom.

During my time away Joey called out to me twice, "MOM".

Joey then had a great week at school. We had to meet with the CCS medical doctors for our 6 month evaluation. This is to make sure he still gets his therapy during school. The doctors noted big changes such as his ability to stand unsupported (even if only for a few seconds), and his ability to sit independently for a few minutes. His range of motion in his legs and arms are also much better.

During our time waiting for this appt., I asked Joey for a kiss and ever so softly he said "No". I then said "come on one kiss", again he said "No". So I then just took my kiss. The cool and exciting thing about this is that the "No" sounded perfect and his response time was so quick each time.

As for the rest of the week , on Wednesday and Thursday when I dropped him off at school he called out for me again, "MOM". Of course I have never heard him say it, but once when he was mad.

As for me, well I was holiday shopping and getting ready to have a spa weekend with the ladies. That brings me to today, Friday. Jeremy took the kids to school. I was off to Moorpark College to take a 4 hour test for the nursing program. I was very nervous because I haven't been in school for a long long long time. Good news though, I passed the test and did it in only 2.5 hours. After packing my bags and picking up the kids, Jeremy tells me he is in a lot of pain and has to go to the hospital. Turns out he has several kidney stones. One is making it's way out while the others are laying in wait. So there goes the spa weekend with the ladies. I will have to wait till next year. Boo Hoo, but Jeremy is feeling better, he is on a lot of pain medication.

As for the rest of December, we have a Hanukkah party this weekend, then 2 parties next weekend and a lot of Krav Maga training. Xmas and New Years, and I'm not done shopping yet.

Oh Yeah and be careful when eating Hot Pockets. I had one yesterday and the cheese leaked out and burned the crap out of my chest. I have a quarter size burn with blister on my chest. It really hurts. OOOOOOOOOCH!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

We're always happy to hear of any progress Joey is making!!!!

Hope Jeremy is feeling better - have heard kidney stones are NO fun.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

Love,
Cousin Gayle