Thursday, January 7, 2010

To Cuddle!

What does a little cuddle mean to me? A cuddle, to cuddle, means the world.

There are those kids that always want to hug and sit in your lap and want to be held and then there is the kid that never wants to hug or cuddle. You have to threaten the kid that if he/she doesn't hug you then you are just going to have to take a hug from them. However, these kids will still cuddle, when they are sick and need their mommies. Then they're are the kids that can't cuddle or hug. I have had the experience of all these kids. My first was not a cuddlier, my second at 9 yrs old still cuddles, and my third child for the last 3 yrs could not cuddle.

When you have a child that can't cuddle, it hurts. Of course it hurts the mommies and daddies the most. Every mom and dad wants to grab their child and have their child hug back or hold on tight for a cuddle. When your child can't do this it hurts the heart.

Since Joey's accident he has not been able to cuddle or hug. If you held him to close he arched back (went into extension). This was just a reaction his brain told his body to do. His respond was not his chose either.

Well since stem cell therapy things have changed. One of my greatest joys has come true. Joey will cuddle now. His body no longer goes into extension every time you hold him. He will curl his upper body into you. His hands will lay relaxed on your shoulders and he will then demand kisses with the movement of his head and mouth. You can tell he is pleased with himself that he is able to do this now.

His cuddle is the most priceless thing in the world to me right now. I get teary eyed just thinking about it. I will hold him until my back goes out, just to be able to cuddle with my little man.

I pray that all my friends who have kids that don't cuddle or hug will one day be able to. My prayers are with you all.

2 comments:

jodi l. pesicka said...

Wow he is doing awesome. She should feel very blessed. I too am the parent of a near drowner. She was 13 1/2 mos old she is now 20 years old. You can check out her blog at www.caringbridge.org/visit/justinepesicka

Makenzies Miracle said...

Cuddling is the best!!! I am so happy that Joey will cuddle now!! I want to let you know that I gave you the lemonade award on my blog! thanks for being such a good friend!