Friday, October 16, 2009

Things to Share

I have a few things to share with you all. First, I made a video for the HUGS Foundation. The HUGS Foundation is a non-profit organization that raises monies to help our kids with therapy and equipment that our insurance doesn't pay for. AND our insurance pays for very very little. This video shows only a very few of the kids in need. There are thousands all over.




OK, so I also have a pet peeve to share. Of course this had no effect on me until Joey became disabled. I use to be guilty of this also. I'm talking about HANDICAP PARKING. I understand that there are a lot of people out in the world that have underlying medical conditions that are not visible to the public that require the use of handicap parking because they can not walk the distance. BUT, if you don't need to use the parking spot then DON'T USE IT. I will even park in a non-handicap spot if there are other spots that will allow me to get Joey out of the car with plenty of space.
If you are going to the mall and have issues walking then why are you walking the mall. In that case park two spots over in a non-handicap spot. Leave the spot for someone who needs it for the space to get out of the car or for the van ramp access. IF you can walk the mall then you can walk 20 feet more from the other parking spot.
Also, DON'T USE the spot just because you have the pass and there is no other spot available close enough, when you don't have the disabled person with you. Just because you have a handicap pass, be respectful for those that REALLY NEED the spot.
Today as I was dropping off Joey at school there were two people in front of me of which I know both. They both pulled into the last two handicap spots. One child is super mildy CP, she can walk just fine, she is just slightly mentally delayed. The other woman"s child is Autistic with a sister who had cancer. The mom has the TEMPORARY pass which was given to her for her daughter. The daughter no longer has cancer and is in kindergarten. Both kids are physically fine. I on the other hand had to park about 50 yards away on the side of the road. With no wheelchair or stroller had to carry my son to his class room. Both mom's turned and saw me and even said 'Hi". SERIOUSLY, they don't get it.

IF YOU DON'T NEED THE HANDICAP SPOT, DON'T USE IT. COME ON PEOPLE! URRRRGGGGGGG!

OK, I feel better now.

Today I am the mother of a 12 yr old. WOW! Where did the time go. Happy Birthday Jessica. We love you very very much. Have a fantabulous day.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

What a beautiful video you created.

And people parking in handicapped spaces when they don't need them is one of my pet peeves too!!!!!!!!
(Along with people who speed thru school zones!!!!!)

Happy Birthday, Jessica!!

Love,
Cousin Gayle

Corbinleeproject said...

I feel just like to do Julie. My fav is when you are parked in a handicapped spot with the yellow stripped lines on the side, to make the spot bigger and some one parks there.

Happy Birthday Jessica. Noah will be 12yrs old Nov 23