Monday, January 12, 2009

HELPING JOEY

I NEED YOUR HELP!

It has just been two years now since my accident. Since the day that has changed my life and my families life forever. Two years ago I had a drowning accident. I fell in our pool. The accident has left me with severe brain damage. Over the last two years I have done many different types of therapies. I have done all the traditional therapies such as, PT, OT, and ST. I have also done many different types of alternative therapies, which are Equestrian Therapy, HBOT, Biofeedback, Tomatis, and NeuroSuit Therapy. I continue recieving traditional therapies once a week from school, however it is the alternative therapies that have been making a difference in my healing. These alternative therapies have cost my mom and dad tens of thousands of dollars.

Why I need your help? There is another type of therapy my mom and dad want to do with me. It is Stem Cell Therapy. The SCT is only done out of the country. My mom wants to take me to China. SCT costs a lot of money. To do this therapy I need your help to raise the money. It costs close to$30,000.

Please help me go to China. There has been great research and results from this treatment. It will make my quality of life so much better.

You can read more about Stem Cell Therapy and my other alternative therapies below.

To donate, please click on the donate button to the right which will take you to paypal, or you can send a check to:

Joseph Stafford
3090 Evelyn Ave.
Simi Valley, CA 93063


Stem Cell Therapy
What is Stem Cell Therapy? Stem cells are cells found in most, if not all, multi-cellular organisms. They are characterized by the ability to renew themselves through mitotic cell division anddifferentiating into a diverse range of specialized cell types. The two broad types of mammalian stem cells are:embryonic stem cells that are found in blastocysts, and adult stem cells that are found in adult tissues. In a developing embryo, stem cells can differentiate into all of the specialized embryonic tissues. In adult organisms, stem cells andprogenitor cells act as a repair system for the body, replenishing specialized cells, but also maintain the normal turnover of regenerative organs, such as blood, skin or intestinal tissues.

Stem cells can now be grown and transformed into specialized cells with characteristics consistent with cells of various tissues such as muscles or nerves through cell culture. Highly plastic adult stem cells from a variety of sources, including umbilical cord blood and bone marrow, are routinely used in medical therapies. Embryonic cell lines and autologous embryonic stem cells generated through therapeutic cloning have also been proposed as promising candidates for future therapies. [3].

In China, Joey would receive 5-7 injections of stem cells. The therapy can take anywhere from 20-35 days.


NAPA Center
The NAPA Center is where we currently take Joey to therapy. The NAPA Center provides PT AND OT. It also provides NeuroSuit and Tomatis therapy. Joey began talking when he attended his first NeuroSuit Intensive session. He has also gained incredible control of his body with this therapy. Unfortunately, insurance does not cover this type of therapy. The therapies that the NAPA Center provides have made some of the most significant changes in Joey.

You can read all about the NAPA Center by logging onto www.napacenter.org


PLEASE HELP ME! Tell all you family and friends.

You can donate by clicking the Donate button or by sending a check to Joey Stafford at:

3090 Evelyn Ave.
Simi Valley, CA 93063

Thank You for all your thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to us.

Best Wishes Always and Forever

Joey, Julie and Jeremy Stafford

1 comment:

Jacki Smith said...

I want to offer my prayers for Joey. I would also like to pass along some information to you. My name is Jacki Smith and I am a health coach in Ft Worth, TX. I work with a product called StemEnhance that allows our body to release 25 to 30% more adult stem cells from our bone marrow. This is equivalant to releasing 3 to 4 million stem cells with each 2capsules you take. I have many scientific articles that I could pass along. This may be something that you might look into while you are awaiting the trip to China. I have worked with many children as well as adults including a few with brain injuries and would love to talk with you. I can furnish product at cost if you would like to try it with your son. you can reach me at askjacki@gmail.com