Friday, December 12, 2008

My Therapies

I get asked all the time about Joey's therapies. I added a sidebar that lists the therapies Joey has done and is currently doing. 

I am currently researching Stem Cell therapy for Joey. Many kids with the same injury as Joey has had this procedure and has improved greatly. SCT is where they take stem cells either from a fetus, umbilical cord or born marrow and transplant into Joey through IV. This helps create new cells in Joeys brain. I have been researching for a few months now. The therapy cost more than I have ever spent on therapy (approx. $15,000-$35,000, no including travel expenses). It is an amazing therapy and I believe it is worth every cent. Although I still have a couple more months worth of research to do.

Hope everyone has a very Happy and Healthy Holiday.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

You know that we saved Rex's umbilical cord blood when he was born, maybe that could be used for Joey. Just thinking.

Gayle said...

It's really informative for all of us following Joey's progress to understand what his therapies are.....

I don't know anything about stem cell therapy, but have heard great results are possible.

Cousin Gayle

Anonymous said...

it's been a while since i checked in. so glad to hear that joey is progressing and we wish you the very best over this holiday season!

mary in vegas
(friend of cousin gayle)