Friday, June 27, 2008

Graduation and Birthday


Today is Joey's last day of therapy at the clinic. We have been going to the clinic since the accident. It is a bittersweet moment. I am glad that we don't have to drive to North Hollywood (20 minutes) Monday thru Friday anymore and then to Santa Monica (30 minutes further). I have put a million miles on my car this last year and a half. I only got my Expedition right before Joeys accident and have 40k miles on it. On the other side, it is sad because that has been our life for a year and a half. We have meet great people. Joey has accomplished a lot. Also, because he is three, his therapy is no longer paid for. The school district takes over and he only gets 1 hr each of PT and OT a week compared to the 7 hrs the state pays for. So now I get to fight with the insurance company to see how much therapy I can get from them. It is always hard to switch from one therapist to another. The new therapist and Joey have to take time to get to know each other and this is very frustrating to me. I feel that I have to teach the therapists what to do with Joey.

Joey's B-day is tomorrow. Unfortunately , I won't be around to celebrate. I have to finish up my fitness certification this weekend. However, on July 5th we are having his b-day party. So I have been planning this HUGE party and am almost done. I have also been training a lot to get certain certifications for our Krav studio. One which is to teach children. So on top of everything I am doing with Joey, I am also putting a childrens program together at our studio. 

Jessica and Jack are out of school for the summer. That is nice. They have been swimming a lot and have had friends over playing. We have a few camping trips planned and the older kids go to sleepaway camp in August.

It never stops amazing me how life changes so quickly and how at one moment life is calm and the next second it is chaotic.




5 comments:

Gayle said...

JUST WRITING TO WISH JOEY A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!!!

Cousin Gayle

Anonymous said...

Julie,

This transition will be a good one because it eliminates a lot of driving which is very stressful. Hopefully you will be able to negotiate additional PT time with the ins. company. The suit therapy coming up in August is very positive for Joey.

You have truly been amazing in your constant involvement in Joey's therapy. You are quite the role model to all of our family and are someone to be greatly admired as a mother and for your selfless devotion to Joey. Get that certification and complete your dream to teach children Krav. You can do it!

Looking forward to seeing you in July.

Will e-mail Joey tomorrow!
Love,
Sacramento Nana

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEY

lots of love from Ashleigh and Liz

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY JOEY! Be happy for you are loved by many. Keep fighting precious Joseph!

God bless you,
Sacramento Nana and Uncle Dan

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY JOJO!!!
YOU BRING SUCH JOY TO ARE FAMILY BECAUSE WHEN YOU SMILE NO ONE CAN RESIST PICKING YOU UP AND JUST LOVING YOU.

HAPPY DAY SWEET JOEY.
LOTS OF HUGS AND KISSES!!!!
LOVE,
PAPA COWBOY & GRANDMA JANET