Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Poem


My daughter had to write a poem for english class about a child who's childhood was interrupted. So of course she wrote about Joey. I got teary eyed listening to it. Here it is:


Joseph Andrew

Joseph Andrew so cute and sweet
He is definitely someone you’d be lucky to meet
So smart, that even at one year old he could bulid a perfect fort
Never knowing that one day his innocent childhood would be cut short

Who knew that one curious kid and one wide open gate
Would ever determine the little boys fate
It was a families worst nightmare came to life
This feeling of sadness was worse than being stabbed with a knife

The pool in which he did drown
Brings nothing but a hidden frown
But thanks to god and the miracles he’s made
My little boy’s life did not fade

His smiles and laughs bring sudden joy
He will always and forever be my little boy
I love this kid with all my heart
And I know that no matter what happens we will never part

He may not do what most normal kids can
But to me he will always be better than them
The strength and endurance he had to push through
Has made me want to be a better person and sister for Joseph Andrew

No comments: