Thursday, March 24, 2011

Joey's Quilt



4 Years ago right after Joey's accident I joined the most wonderful support group; Parents of Near Drowns. There are so many wonderful families in this group that have and are going through the same things I'm going through with Joey. One of the members in the group however does not have a near drowning child, but loves our kids so much and wanted to do something for our children to make their lives better. She and a couple women joined together to start Circle of Hope. Circle of Hope makes very special handmade quilts for our kids. Although over time I believe that it is just her making these quilts now. So 4 years ago she put Joey's name down on the quilt list and yesterday in the mail I received his quilt. When she first put Joey's name of the list she asked me what his favorite things are. So the quilt was made especially for Joey.

Thank you Kate for Joey's quilt. It is one of the most amazing gifts ever.

The front of Joey's Quilt. Theme Trucks
Back of Joey's Quilt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My pleasure to make Joey his truck quilt. I hope he knows each truck is chockful of hugs. -Kate