Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just When I Thought We Hit a Plateau.

Drinking a shamrock shake from McDonalds with Daddy. He couldn't get enough.



Just when I thought Joey hit a plateau, he proves me wrong. 

I have noticed that his response time is sooooooooo much faster. He has become so much more cognitively aware. When I ask him to stop fussing or crying, he will stop right away. He cries now when I walk away. I can't pump gas without him crying because he thinks I left him. When he gets hurt he cries right away, or will get the sad lip. I'll say mommy will kiss it and make it better. Sometimes he stops and laughs and other times he just screams louder. 

Today I picked him up from my dads and step moms house and I said to him, "Hi! How are you? Are you good?" Right away without hesitation he answered back with "Hello! I'm Good." I have never heard him say either word 'I'm' or 'good', let alone use it in a small sentence. WOW! This is huge. He is also focusing better and moving his fingers together better. 

He keeps on surprising me. That's my boy. 

Here are a few pics of him drinking a shamrock shake with his daddy. He drank half of the shake. He couldn't get enough. Every time my husband pulled the cup away he opened his mouth like a monkey making his "UH UH UH UH UH" noises. This means he wants more NOW. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so so excited to hear of him talking. Way to go Joey.

Liz

Kelly said...

Way to go Joey You keep surprising your Momma!!!!! Hugs

Luke's Mom said...

Way to go Joey! Keep up the good work.

Suzi Searles

Gayle said...

I DON'T THINK JOEY KNOWS THE MEANING OF THE WORD "PLATEAU"!!!!!!

LOVE,
COUSIN GAYLE

Anonymous said...

Awesome news on Joey's progress in speaking these words. There will be many more words to come now. I have lots of questions about the SCT but will ask you in person when I see you. Planning to visit soon and can't wait to see all of you. Thank you Lord for Joey's constant progress! Love Sacramento Nana